A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN:

A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN: AUTHOR | TROPHY HUSBAND

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Top of the Heap Reviews "Epitaph"



I’ll admit being a little apprehensive approaching Joe Hempel to ask for a review of The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff.  After all, Joes runs Top of the Heap, a blog site dedicated to interviewing proven authors and reviewing books destined for the New York Times best sellers list.  Why would Joe give me, a rookie, a first time author, the time of day?  To my surprise, Joe accepted, but a funny thing happened on the way to the review.  Joe disappeared off the face of the earth. 
 
According to a blog entry at Top of the Heap, Joe receives “thousands (quite literally) of requests to be reviewed. Because of this he went into seclusion with nothing but his reader and his guitar. For over thirty days no one had heard from him, and people thought that the site would be going down, and he would never be heard from again.  I guess I pushed Joe over the edge.  The preverbal straw that broke the camel’s back.

This week, Joe emerged from his rock stating that he’d be much more selective in his choice of books, and that of the books currently on his desk, he’d toss out all but a handful.  I figured, oh well.  It was worth a try - not meant to be.  Then I receive an email from Joe.  The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff made the cut.  Whew!  I MADE THE CUT!  Joe Hempel, THE Joe Hempel reviewed my book.  I’m on cloud nine! 

So, would you like to know what Joe thinks about The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff?  Me too.  Let's head on over the Top of the Heap.  As Joe says about his blog, “I hope you enjoy your stay, and keep your book heap piled high!”  Click the link:

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious man! And great job again on the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Joe Hempel. Top of the Heap is now a reviewer of record for Bostick.

    ReplyDelete