A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN:

A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN: AUTHOR | TROPHY HUSBAND

Friday, May 24, 2013

Another Thumbs Up Review for Epitaph of Jonas Barloff

On Friday, May 24, 2013 I received an email from renowned blog reviewer Teri Polen stating that her review of my debut novel was on-line.  Teri is a seasoned reviewer, but with limited experience in the horror genre.  So this was almost like new territory for her. 
"Although one of my favorite genres, I haven’t read a horror novel in quite a while, and I don’t think I’ve ever read a YA horror, so I was very excited to receive this book.  I wasn’t disappointed."  -- Teri Polen 
Below is the jest of her review.  Take a look.  If you'd like to read the entire column, a link follows:

TERI POLEN'S REVIEW:  Calvin Dean has a wonderful way with words.  His descriptions of the abandoned house, the creepy graveyard, and the eerie surroundings made me feel like I was right there watching his characters.  The imagery created was spectacular and the writing flowed so well I’d be caught up in it and then shocked at something I never saw coming.  You gotta love that in a book.

The flashbacks to the Civil War added another dimension to this book and also helped to explain things happening in present day.  By the time I got to the last thirty or so pages, I couldn’t put it down and had to see how it ended, even though my husband was begging me to turn off the light.

http://teripolen.com/2013/05/24/the-epitaph-of-jonas-barloff-by-calvin-dean/

No comments:

Post a Comment