A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN:

A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN: AUTHOR | TROPHY HUSBAND

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year | 2015 Plans

I've never been much on New Year's resolutions. Every year is the same for me. Try to stay healthy and fit. Treat others as I want to be treated. Finish what I start. You know the routine. So I see no reason to set myself up for failure by resolving to do something I have no intention of following through on.


Looking back on 2014, I'd like to thank everyone who picked up copies of my two books. Back in July, A Door Unlocked reached #1 and The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff hit #2 in the Kindle store, followed in December with A Door Unlocked climbing as high as #4. These milestones exceeded my wildest dreams.

I continue to work out five or six days a week at my local gym. Tina, my group leader, keeps me motivated and continually convinces me that my body is capable of doing things I didn't think possible.

So what's up for 2015? I'm on track to complete the first draft of my third book in January. It's actually a novella. Here's the synopsis:

A bachelor buys a haunted house in the country, and while dodging spirits and courting his new neighbor, a local psychic helps him exorcize the ghosts living in his home. “Ghosts in the Sycamores” (working title which may change) is a humorous story about romance and things that go bump in the night.

I also have a short story (only 1800 words) about my favorite sport, which I plan to release here and/or on WattPad on opening day of Major League Baseball - a free read. (Oh, by the way, I'll be umpiring baseball games again this spring and summer. Last year I got to umpire four Dizzy Dean World Series games. It doesn't get any better than that!)

And then there are the two children's books that I wrote several years ago which still need polishing. If there are any aspiring illustrators out there willing to work for peanuts in order to build a resume, give me a shout. My email address is in the upper right corner of this website.

I'm also considering audiobook production for The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff and my new novella. A Door Unlocked is already an audiobook and has done quite well.

Well, that's it. I've certainly filled my plate for 2015. I'm sure some of it will fall by the wayside, and that's okay. There's always 2016. So for now, Happy New Year to you and yours. A toast to good health and happiness. May all your wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment