A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN:

A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN: AUTHOR | TROPHY HUSBAND

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lunch with Books - August 20, 2013



LUNCH WITH BOOKS - The Senatobia, MS Public Library invited me to speak at their Lunch with Books event on August 20, 2013. (What were they thinking?) Since the event is free and open to the public, I’m sure we’ll meet some interesting characters. In fact, I’m hoping you’re one of them.

Speaking of characters, I want to introduce you to Jonas Barloff, Madam Zelda and a host of other characters from my debut novel, “The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff”. I’ll discuss my inspiration for the book, character development, the writing process and more. Time permitting, I’ll read one of my favorite chapters, and then open the floor for Q & A.

And that’s not all. I also hope to briefly discuss my second novel, “A Door Unlocked”, set for an autumn 2013 release. I’ll ask everyone in attendance to help me choose between two book cover designs. No baloney!

So grab a sandwich and head to The Senatobia Public Library at 222 Ward Street on Tuesday, August 20 at high noon. Lunch with Books is very informal. You don’t have to RSVP. You don’t have to dress up. You don’t have to fork-over any cash because the event is free. All you have to do is bring a sandwich. That’s it! Honest! Soft drinks, coffee and desserts are on the house. I’m really looking forward to it. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment