A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN:

A BLOG BY CALVIN DEAN: AUTHOR | TROPHY HUSBAND

Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Rookie Umpire

The Rookie Umpire is based on a true story that happened
to me, the author, many years ago. Was I scared? You better
believe it. Afterwards, I said I never umpire another baseball
game as long as I lived. For decades I didn't. But something
changed. Last year I started umpiring local league games at
Snowden Grove Park. By the end of the season, I was asked to
umpire four Dizzy Dean World Series Games. I accepted.
Without hesitation.  

In this story, I created a main character, Elliot Mathews, and
gave him more athletic ability than I possess, but the story is
real. Only 1800 words, The Rookie Umpire is for people who
love the game...from the sandlot...to little league...to the professionals. Click the link
below that will take you to Wattpad where the story resides. Then relax and let
this story take you back to the baseball diamond of your youth. Baseball. Truly
America's pastime. Enjoy.
 
THE ROOKIE UMPIRE  ON 

No comments:

Post a Comment